Welcome to English Language and Literature; a blog dealing with ‘all things’ related to IGCSE, in particular the CIE syllabus. It is hoped that it will prove useful to students currently engaged in the study of English First Language and English Literature as well as other teachers who are expected to deliver the course.
It is hoped that this blog will:
- assist students understanding of the literary texts selected for examination
- provide notes for revision
- show samples of analytical writing to assist in the development of writing extended responses
- show how to consider language and literary devices in a range of texts.
- show how to compose ’empathetic’ tasks in Prose texts.
- provide students with a comprehensive resource to aid their personal understanding of the texts studied.